Community Improvement Plans
The City of London has numerous Community Improvement Plans (CIPs). The primary goals of a CIP are to stimulate targeted reinvestment, reveal and inspire select infill and intensification opportunities, coordinate planning efforts, preserve neighbourhood and heritage character, enhance industrial and other business opportunities, and aid in the cleanup of contaminated sites.
Presently the City of London has seven (7) CIPs that have been adopted by Council, including:
- Airport Community Improvement Plan
- Brownfield Community Improvement Plan
- Downtown Community Improvement Plan
- Heritage Community Improvement Plan
- Industrial Lands Community Improvement Plan
- Old East Community Improvement Plan
- SOHO Community Improvement Plan
Between the various CIPs there may be similar and overlapping incentives that relate to a specific property. It is important to understand that each CIP provides specific program guidelines for each financial incentive program.
Learn more about financial incentives.
Downtown Community Improvement Plan (CIP) Boundary Expansion - aka Richmond Row
May 3, 2017 Council resolved to amend the Downtown CIP to enable the City to provide incentives to the Richmond Row area. These are limited to the Facade Improvement Loan and Upgrade to Building Code Loan Programs.
NOTE: We are seeking your input on the proposed expansion of the Downtown boundaries to include Richmond Row. See below for more information and how to comment.
Previous Reports and Council Resolutions regarding Incentive Review:
- Planning and Environment Committee Report April 24, 2017
- Planning and Environment Committee Presentation April 24, 2017
- Council Resolution - August 30, 2016
- Planning and Environment Committee August 22, 2016 - Information Report
- Council Resolution - February 17, 2016
Previous Public Information Meetings:
- April 18 and 20, 2017 Public Information Meeting - Presentation
- October 20, 2016 Public Information Meeting - Presentation
- June 7 and 8, 2016 Public Information Meeting - Presentation
- August 1, 2017 Public Information Meeting - Presentation Map
Following Council’s approved changes Planning will create New Incentive Program Guidelines relating to the Downtown, Old East Village, SOHO & Industrial CIPs as well as amend all of the Current CIPs to provide performance measures/indicators of success to be used for annual and 5-year monitoring reports.
More Information and How to Comment
Please contact Planning Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-661-4980
Lambeth Community Improvement Plan
Working with the local community, the City has begun the Community Improvement Plan process for the Lambeth Area. Please visit the Lambeth CIP webpage for additional details.
Hamilton Road Community Improvement Plan
Working with the local community, the City has begun the Community Improvement Plan process for the Hamilton Road Area. Please visit the Hamilton Road CIP webpage for additional details.