Applications for consents are submitted to the London Consent Authority on the 6th floor of City Hall. It is recommended that prior to making your application you follow the procedure outlined below. For more information about what is a Consent or Severance, see the Severances and the London Consent Authority page.
- Download an application form, or pick one up from the 6th floor of City Hall.
- Read the detailed instructions (pages 1-2) regarding making an application and familiarize yourself with the process, expectations and requirements of the entire package.
- Submit your detailed site plan, survey and/or diagram (as outlined in Section 14, p.5 of the application form) to a Municipal Law Enforcement Officier (MLEO) on the 7th floor of City Hall, (or by email) so that they may complete a "zoning referral form" (APP-1, p. 8 of the application form).
- Once the MLEO has completed your "zoning referral" they will contact you and return the completed form: Take the form - and your application materials - to speak with a planner about your potential application. At this stage the planner will identify (based on the form completed by the MLEO and your supporting documents) issues, challenges or hurdles that your application may encounter. After speaking with a Planner you may be advised to speak with an Engineer (or other authority such as the Upper Thames Conservation Authority) to confirm servicing, access, stormwater, environmental or other issues that your proposal may create or exacerbate.
- Once you are confident that your application is complete you can submit the referral form, the application, supporting materials and documents and the applicable fee to Development Services (6th floor, City Hall)
Don't forget - Once you have received provisional consent you have one year to satisfy all of the associated conditions. Failure to do so means the consent lapses (reverts back) and no refund is granted.