On December 4, 2012, the Strategic Priorities and Policy Committee received a presentation on the completed Industrial Lands Study. This background study assessed the future demand and existing supply of industrial lands and the associated need to expand the Urban Growth Boundary. The Industrial Lands Study is accessible through the link, below.
• Industrial Lands Study by R.W. Panzer Planning Consultant – November, 2012
At the December 2012 meeting of City Council, Council directed Staff to prepare an Official Plan Amendment for the expansion of the Urban Growth Boundary for the designation of new Urban Reserve Industrial Growth lands for future industrial development.
On November 18, 2013, the Strategic Priorities and Policy Committee received a draft 2014 Industrial Land Development Strategy (ILDS). The ILDS is an update to the City’s 2001 strategy, and identifies the City’s role and long-term plan for industrial land development, including:
• target industrial sectors;
• strategic locational criteria;
• land needs; and
• site evaluation criteria.
On March 17, 2014, Administration presented a finalized ILDS, which Council approved at the Council meeting of April 1, 2014. The ILDS aligns with the background Industrial Lands Study and reflects changes to the city’s and global economies, identifies targeted industrial sectors, and changes in the nature of the locational and parcel size demands of new industrial users.
• Industrial Lands Development Strategy – March, 2014
• Presentation to Strategic Priorities and Policy Committee – Industrial Land Development Strategy – March 17, 2014
• Staff Report to Strategic Priorities and Policy Committee - Industrial Land Development Strategy – March 17, 2014