Are you a business owner who is thinking of applying to the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) for a liquor sales licence? Or are you planning on amending your existing liquor licence?
The AGCO has created an information page to provide you with a basic overview of the major requirements for most liquor sales licence applications. As part of the AGCO application process, an Agency Letter of Approval is required from the City of London Building Division, Fire Prevention Office, and Middlesex-London Health Unit stating that your premise meets the current standards and by-law regulations. This request for a Letter of Approval is called a Liquor Licence Inspection Request.
A Liquor Licence Inspection Request may be submitted when:
- There is an active building permit; or
- There is no active building permit but a business licence is required; or
- There is an active building permit and you are applying for a business licence; or
- You are amending an existing liquor licence; and
- You do not require a business licence; or
- There is no active building permit for your premise.
Prior to requesting a Liquor Licence Inspection, please submit a Municipal Information form with the City Clerk's Office (City Hall, 3rd floor). A $25 + HST fee applies. You may then request the inspection by visiting Development & Compliance Services (City Hall, 7th floor). The application form, instructions, and fees required are available on the right of your screen.