The City of London is updating its Business Licensing By-law, and we are looking for your feedback.
The introduction of the new by-law will be an ongoing process, with new and updated topics/categories introduced over the next several months, as listed below. We encourage your participation and input on these matters, especially if you are, or intend to be, a business owner that will require a licence to operate. All portions of the by-law will be presented at the "Community and Protective Services Committee" at City Hall throughout 2017.
STREAM IT LIVE: If you’re unable to attend a meeting at City Hall, you can access live video during the meeting, from any device, wherever you are, using this site.
Community and Protective Services Committee Meeting Dates and Subject Matter:
Meeting #1 - Completed January 24, 2017
- Pay Day Loan Lenders, Cheque Cashing, etc.; VIEW DRAFT REGULATIONS HERE
- Door to Door Sales. VIEW DRAFT REGULATIONS HERE
Meeting #2: Completed February 22, 2017
- Donation Bin Operators; VIEW DRAFT REGULATIONS HERE
- Contractor Licensing (including pool fence installers, driveway contractors, mobile sign installers). VIEW DRAFT REGULATIONS HERE
- Personal Service Establishments (hair, nails);
- All Tobacco and Electronic Cigarette Sales (cigars, e-cigarettes, e-juice, etc.);
Meeting #3: Completed April 25, 2017
- Commercial parking facilities. VIEW DRAFT REGULATIONS HERE
- Seasonal sales business. VIEW DRAFT REGULATIONS HERE
- Pet shops
- Public halls
Meeting #4: Completed May 24th, 2017
- Food premises (eating establishments, restaurants, food shops, etc.)
- Refreshment vehicles (food trucks, carts, etc.)
- Public garages
Meeting #5: Completed June 20th, 2017
- Adult Entertainment
Meeting #6: July 18th, 2017 - Community and Protective Services Committee (CPSC)
- Second hand shops/stores
- Lodging Houses (All types)
Meeting #7: September 12th, 2017 - Community and Protective Services Committee (CPSC)
- Unauthorized towing and storage
- Adult entertainment
FULL REVIEW OF DRAFT BY-LAW: October 4, 2017 - Community and Protective Services Committee (CPSC)
- Public participation meeting (PPM) regarding the complete By-law
After each public participation meeting, the regulations discussed at that meeting will be posted to the website for further review and comment. Your participation in this process will help us create an effective and efficient by-law.
Community and Protective Services Committee meeting dates and agendas.
Link to our current business licensing by-law.
REMEMBER: If you’re unable to attend a meeting at City Hall, you can access live video during the meeting, from any device, wherever you are. Go to this site and and look for the "LIVE VIDEO" link. Following the meeting the video will be archived here as well.
In Person: 7th floor, City Hall. 300 Dufferin Ave, London, Ontario.