The City of London is updating its Business Licensing By-law.
The introduction of the new by-law has been an ongoing process with new and updated topics/categories introduced over the last several months, as listed below. We received valuable feedback through industry consultation and from the eight public participation meetings that were held.
We are now able to present to you our DRAFT business licensing by-law.
We present the final product to Committee on December 5, 2017 at 4pm. This will not be a public participation meeting but you are welcome to attend. If you do wish to be heard by Committee, contact CPSC@London.ca to request delegation status ahead of time.
STREAM IT LIVE: If you’re unable to attend a meeting at City Hall, you can access live video during the meeting, from any device, wherever you are, using this site.
Community and Protective Services Committee Meeting Dates and Subject Matter:
Meeting #1 - Completed January 24, 2017
- Pay Day Loan Lenders, Cheque Cashing, etc.; VIEW DRAFT REGULATIONS HERE
- Door to Door Sales. VIEW DRAFT REGULATIONS HERE
Meeting #2: Completed February 22, 2017
- Donation Bin Operators; VIEW DRAFT REGULATIONS HERE
- Contractor Licensing (including pool installers, driveway contractors, mobile sign installers).
- Personal Service Establishments (hair, nails);
- All Tobacco and Electronic Cigarette Sales (cigars, e-cigarettes, e-juice, etc.);
Meeting #3: Completed April 25, 2017
- Commercial parking facilities. VIEW DRAFT REGULATIONS HERE
- Seasonal sales business. VIEW DRAFT REGULATIONS HERE
- Pet shops. VIEW DRAFT REGULATIONS HERE
- Public halls
Meeting #4: Completed May 24th, 2017
- Food premises (eating establishments, restaurants, food shops, etc.)
- Refreshment vehicles (food trucks, carts, etc.) VIEW DRAFT REGULATIONS HERE
- Public garages
Meeting #5: Completed June 20th, 2017
- Adult Entertainment. See September 12 meeting date for draft regulations.
Meeting #6: Completed July 18th, 2017
- Second hand shops/stores. VIEW DRAFT REGULATIONS HERE
- Lodging Houses (All types)
Meeting #7: Completed September 12th, 2017
- Unauthorized towing and storage. VIEW DRAFT REGULATIONS HERE
- Adult Live Entertainment Parlour. VIEW DRAFT REGULATIONS HERE
- Adult Body Rub Parlour. VIEW DRAFT REGULATIONS HERE
Meeting #8: Completed October 4th, 2017
- Public participation meeting to review the full draft version of the business licensing by-law
- Read the staff report
- Review the draft by-law
Meeting #9: December 5th, 2017 @ 4pm
- Committee meeting to review the full draft business licensing by-law
- This will not be a public participation meeting but you are welcome to attend. If you do wish to be heard by Committee, contact CPSC@London.ca to request delegation status ahead of time
- You can also live stream the meeting from the comfort of your digital device.
Community and Protective Services Committee meeting dates and agendas.
Link to our current business licensing by-law.
In Person: 7th floor, City Hall. 300 Dufferin Ave, London, Ontario.